- Privacy Agreement
- Privacy Clause
- Privacy Notice
- Privacy Page
- What information is collected
- Where information is collected from
- Why information is collected
- How information is collected (including through cookies and other tracking technologies)
- Who information is shared with or sold to
- What rights users have over their data
- The site’s contact details
Privacy policies should be clear, thorough, and easy for internet users to find on any given website.
- Data privacy laws
- Third-party service requirements
- Maintaining trust and transparency between your business and customers
Let’s examine these three requirements in more detail:
Privacy Policies are Required by Law
Privacy laws vary around the globe, and your website or app must abide by the regulations based on the location of your business, your targeted audience, and where you conduct business.
As data collection and processing becomes more ubiquitous across the internet, data privacy laws in the US and around the world set strict requirements for privacy policies.